Are you disillusioned with the smartphone market in a mobile-first world where 99% of the devices look the same? One of the things I love about CES is we get to see new and exciting products. I recently came across the ZTE Axon M which has not one but two screens. The ZTE Axon M is the beginning of a significant movement of smartphone capabilities, and ZTE is leading the way advised Lixin Cheng, CEO of ZTE Mobile Devices.
I managed to catch up with ZTE CEO Lixin Cheng at CES and invited him onto to the show to share his thoughts on CES, IOT, 5G and why he believes It is time for the smartphone to be transformed. “The mobile technology ecosystem and consumer habits have evolved over the past several years, but the smartphone experience has only slightly varied throughout that time until today, with the introduction of the Axon M. Consumers need and expect more from their current smartphone and we are proud to collaborate with carriers around the world and AT&T in the U.S. to transform their mobile experience.”
“Our customers continue to demand more from their mobile entertainment experience. Pairing DIRECTV with the dual screen capabilities of the ZTE Axon M will deliver a new and transformative way to enjoy the entertainment they want on the network they need.”
On today’s show we discuss:
- How the recently-released ZTE Axon M has led the transition in foldable smartphone form factors.
- How ZTE is leading the foldable smartphone category.
- ZTE’s commitment to 5G and how its efforts are advancing technology as a whole
- What ZTE is doing in the IoT space
- Connect with Lixin Cheng on LinkedIn or Follow on Twitter
- Read more about ZTE Axon M
- Follow ZTE on Twitter or Like on Facebook
Please share your thoughts about todays episode, the smartphone industry and all things CES by recording a message below.