460: How Wowza Is Bringing Professional-Quality Broadcasts to Facebook Live
source url Wowza Media Systems was founded in 2005 by David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good. The company began its journey as a bootstrapped start-up, focused on one goal—to simplify media streaming and make it better. But, I wanted to found out more about how their new product is using technology to allow anyone to create professional-quality broadcasts on Facebook Live.
Designed in collaboration with Facebook, the ClearCaster appliance is built from the ground up to ensure successful broadcasts on Facebook Live, from any workflow. The appliance offers many innovative and differentiated ways to engage with new and existing audiences on Facebook, including:
- The ability to see comments and Live Reactions from followers, so you can react to them in real time and tailor your content on the fly.
- Talent View functionality, allowing on-camera personalities to see exactly what their followers see.
- An integrated countdown clock that cues the exact moment your stream goes live, eliminating awkward pauses for you and your viewers.
As a single, rack-mountable appliance, ClearCaster makes it easy to connect an editing system or live feed to the internet, and immediately authenticate to publish on Facebook Live. ClearCaster includes inputs for SDI and HDMI connections to easily deliver directly from HD cameras and other professional equipment.
CEO and Co-founder, David Stubenvoll reveals how engagement with an audience is quickly becoming the fastest measure of success – not just if someone watched your show.
David is a streaming-industry veteran, launching Wowza Media Systems with Charlie Good to fill a stark void in the industry: the lack of flexible, simplified media server software on which to build reliable streaming. Wowza is Dave’s fifth new business venture, having previously served as an entrepreneur in residence at Adobe Systems and as CEO/co-founder of Freeworks.
- Connect with David Stubenvoll on LinkedIn or Follow on Twitter
- Visit the Wowza Media Systems Website
- Follow Wowza on Twitter or Like On Facebook
- The Wowza Guide To Facebook Live Streaming