In 2010 New Day at Work was founded with a simple goal: Challenge the traditional desktop and their suppliers and rethink how employees get their job done. With the rapid increase of web-based applications vs. Windows-based applications and urge for simplicity.
The application landscape is changing rapidly. With all the applications moving to the browser, the traditional desktop approach is no longer viable for most businesses. As a result, they built Workspace365. The platform enables users to deliver a modern, role-based workspace to your customers. Integrating and simplifying Office 365, providing Single Sign-On and integrating legacy Windows applications in one complete digital workspace.
I invited founder and CEO, Erik Nicolai on my daily tech podcast to share the story behind New Day at Work and Workspace365. Erik shares his challenge of simplifying complex IT cases to enable anyone to understand (and use) it. The role of technology in innovation has always caught his interest. Yet consumers adapt innovation earlier than businesses. People synchronize their grocery lists with their housemates and order food via the internet. Businesses are left behind, they keep working with outdated software.
Erik talks about his goal to help businesses with technologies that simplify work and how he is motivated by three areas on his startup journey:
- Create a product to continually innovate companies together with partners.
- Bring a workspace to employees which allows them to easily access any web- or Windows application from one portal and make it easy to share information with their colleagues.
- Build an ecosystem to enable partners from every level to share knowledge in order to stimulate innovation.
- Connect with Erik Nicolai on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about Workspace365
- Follow on YouTube, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter