276: Fathers Day Tech: How The WhiskySuggest App Is Delivering Personalized Whiskey Suggestions
http://taxi-24.eu/index.php?option=com_content Wiep Knol did not know anything about Whisky and found himself asking the question, where do you begin to understand the difference between a good and bad Whisky? Although the answer was not available, he decided to answer it himself by creating a solution for anyone that wanted to learn more about the drink.
buy provigil from canada WhiskySuggest.com was born has collected nearly 50.000 whiskey reviews and tasting notes from both online and offline publications, and in different languages from all over the world.
The App also extracts all flavor related remarks from all of these tasting notes, combined them, and created Flavor Profiles. Basically, these profiles display what most people will taste in a whiskey.
WhiskySuggest allows you to easily find a salty and smoky whisky. Or perhaps you prefer a rye-spicy bourbon? Find whisky that is similar to both Glenfiddich 12 Year Old and The Glenlivet 12 Year Old within seconds. And use the barcode scanner to find out what a whisky tastes like (and what others think about it) when you’re in a liquor store, or anywhere else.
– Create your own personal whisky collection. Make it public or keep it private.
– Rate, review and save tasting notes of whiskies you have enjoyed (or hated!)
– Discover new whiskies and add them to your whisky wishlist
– Follow other users and browse through their collections
– Find whisky retailers that ship to your location very easily
– Contribute to the community by adding missing whiskies or whisky photos
– Unlock dozens of whisky and whiskey badges
– Get recommendations based on your personal preferences and whisky history.
But there is much more to the app than that, and there is a great story behind it too. So if you like whiskey and would like to understand how technology can help you find a classy whiskey based on your tastes, you will love this episode.
So grab a glass, pour yourself some whiskey, kick back in your man chair, and listen to how an app can help you find your next bottle.