Tech Blog Writer – What Is Your Reach?
I am currently recording seven podcast interviews a week with a diverse range of guests from some of the most exciting new tech start-ups to the biggest tech behemoths and thought leaders across the globe. It’s this diversity that appears to be the secret sauce to the success of the show and one of the reasons it was featured by Forbes in their 15 Inspiring Podcasts For Professionals Of Every Stripe list.
It seems that somewhere along the way I created a monster. Despite my hectic recording schedule, the Tech Blog Writer Podcast is fully booked up for eight weeks in advance. But these are great problems to have, especially when I look back at some of the inspirational guests I have been fortunate to interview on the show.
Tech Podcast Interviews With The Biggest Names In Tech, Business, and Entertainment
- AB InBev
- Adobe Discuss The $1.68 Billion Acquisition Of Magento
- Adobe – Bridget Perry Interview
- Airbus – How Technology Is Improving Customer Experiences
- Allianz Share Their Digital Transformation Journey
- Why Former Apple CEO John Sculley Is Still In The Disruption Business
- Baidu – Chinese Search Engine Giant Share Their Story
- BBC America – The Camera Technology Behind Planet Earth
- Capital One – Meet Eno, the Intelligent Assistant
- Coursera – Why The EdTech Leader Is Top Of The Online Learning Space
- Fender Guitars – Why They Are Going Digital With Fender Play
- Fujitsu And The Open Innovation Gateway
- Guy Kawasaki Reveals The Lessons he Learned From Steve Jobs and Offers Advice To Tech Startups
- Huawei – Interview With Walter Ji
- F1 and Motorsport – Accelerating the Digital Transformation of Motorsport
- IBM Watson – How Cognitive Technologies Enable Business Transformation
- IBM Watson Marketing
- IDG Founder – The Story of Founder Pat McGovern
- Lenovo – Workplace Transformation
- Magento – Mark Lavelle
- Manchester United – The Digital Transformation of Football
- Microsoft Business Applications
- Real Madrid – How They Reached 100 Million Facebook Fans
- Rossignol – A Digital Transformation Story
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Customer Data Cloud
- Sony – The Evolution of Digital Paper
- Thomson Reuters
- USA Today
- Waze – How Waze Is Revolutionizing Digital Navigation
- Wendy Williams Why The Talk Show Host Is Going Digital
- William Shatner – Talks About LottoGopher, Star Trek & the Ubuntu Project
- ZTE CEO – CES 2018 Interview
My daily tech podcast has listeners in 165 countries and my written content also has a strong online engagement with over 50,000 followers. However, I do not spend all my time writing articles and recording podcasts from the comfort of my home.
Technology has also revolutionized the event industry and how information is digested by audiences. For these reasons alone, I am passionate about breaking out of my comfort zone and being a part of conversations in tech conferences all over the world and broadcasting my findings outside of crowded venues.
In 2018, I took my daily tech podcast on the road and traveled over 60,000 miles. Throughout the year, I covered live tech events in Denver, Las Vegas, Nashville, San Francisco, Barcelona, Rome, and London. When attending live tech events, I have interviewed leaders from Adobe, Microsoft, IBM Watson, Magento, USA Today and Huawei. My podcast interviews are published on multiple platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify during the event. But, key takeaways from the interviews are repurposed into written articles too.
It’s worth noting that I am expecting 2019 to be much busier. I currently have daily podcasts booked in for up to eight weeks in advance. During the peak event season, my calendar is already booking up fast. Where possible, please try to let me know in advance if you need my assistance with anything.
Outside of my tech columns, podcasts, and event coverage, most of my work is through ghostwriting. I am now fortunate enough to write for some of the biggest tech companies and tech leaders in the world. Although it might sound glamorous, I do have to sign nondisclosure agreements which means I am unable to showcase much of my best work.
The most common question that I am asked by PR companies is “What Is Your Reach?” Although I am highly suspicious of these metrics, I decided to create an infographic to help visualize this particular form of measurement that is often requested.
However, I do think that it’s important to remember that numbers don’t always tell the full story. No matter how impressive they may appear, it’s taking the time to serve your audience to meaningfully and genuinely engage with them that provides the real value.
Examples of my work can be found on my columns at TechHQ, Inc, Huffington Post TargetMarketing, and The Next Web. Accolades include being named one of the “Top 9 Influential Tech Leaders on LinkedIn” by CIO Magazine and ZDNet included me on their list of “You need to follow these 20 big tech thinkers right now.”
I enjoy working with people from multiple industries in every corner of the world. Essentially, I believe that technology works best when it brings people together. I hope that in a small way my written work and podcasts can highlight that technology is now everyone’s business.
How did I get here?
An audience of over four million article views with high engagement and podcast listeners in over 160 countries is an incredibly humbling achievement. However, it all began back in December 2015, when the executive editor at LinkedIn Daniel Roth announced the top 10 writers who inspired new ideas and sparked conversations throughout tech, finance, venture, media and beyond.
The list was measured by the engagement and influence from each written article and I was fortunate to be unveiled as the #2 technology writer of the year on the whole of the LinkedIn platform. The recognition is incredibly flattering and illustrates the value of building relationships through content and creating genuine conversations with your audience. But here is a timeline of what I have been up to since picking up the TopVoice award back in 2015.
Do you need a ghostwriter to help your clients with tech thought leadership articles across multiple industries? Do you need my help with launching your own podcast? Please contact me if you need my help.