SAP Customer Data Cloud solutions from Gigya is the industry’s only solution based on a consent-based data model. The solution helps businesses nurture trusted relationships with customers by providing them more transparency and control over the use of their personal data.
Patrick Salyer, General Manager of SAP Customer Data Cloud, previously the CEO of Gigya discusses how one of the overlooked goals that shows the true value of GDPR preparation is earning the consumer’s trust. It’s a lesson learned from another regulatory watershed moment: Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and the banking crisis of 2002.
Patrick argues that we’re currently in a Sarbanes-Oxley moment, but people just aren’t thinking about it yet. Consider the similarities:
- Both protections seek to enhance transparency as a means to curb poor business practices and build trust
- Both are “regional” regulations that have global consequences
- Both regulations created a need for holistic solutions that span the entire organization
- Like the reaction to SOX, many companies are using GDPR compliance initiatives as an opportunity to gain a competitive advantage
Patrick Salyer is responsible for driving vision, strategy and day-to-day operations. Under his leadership, the SAP Customer Data Cloud has become the industry-leading platform for helping companies build trusted digital relationships with over 1.3 billion consumers.
With the SAP Customer Data Cloud, businesses identify customers across channels and devices, build trusted digital relationships with consumers based on transparency and control, and power engaging, personalized experiences with first-party data.
- Connect with Patrick Salyer on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Learn more about SAP Customer Data Cloud
- Follow SAP Customer Data Cloud on Facebook, and Twitter
If you want to gather around a virtual campfire and have a chat or ask me a question, you can message me, leave a virtual voicemail or even buy your friendly podcast host a coffee.