617: Darrah Brustein – Life by Design, Not by Default Virtual Summit
Darrah Brustein’s success is an excellent example of what a life lived “by design” looks like. She has leveraged technology to work with professionals from the global community, but it wasn’t always easy for her…
Over the past decade, Darrah has turned to experts around the world for mentorship to help her attain her success and design an intentional life. Stumbling blocks happened along the way, and, as she overcame them, she became focused on sharing with others how they could avoid the same pitfalls.
To give back to others who want to design their lives too, Darrah has brought together 45+ of her mentors and peers into a 3-day virtual summit that’s starting Wednesday, September 12th at 10 AM EST. On today’s podcast, Darrah reveals more about the event and the inspiration behind it.
We also discuss the speaker lineup that includes people like Deepak Chopra, Kat Cole, Adam Grant, Jen Sincero, Ronny Turiaf! and even your favorite podcast host along with my good friends Sarah Elkins, Curt Mercadante and Heather R. Younger. All the speakers have one thing in common which is sharing Darrah’s way of giving back and teaching all of us how we can live a life by design, not by default.
Darrah also reveals why life just seems to “happen” to so many of us, and, in a lot of cases, it’s because we’re accepting the defaults that life throws at us. We are not seeking out to design our lives and create the things we truly desire. By doing nothing differently, we’re accepting a “life by default.”
- Day 1: The First Steps To Designing Your Life: Internal Work & Defining Success for Yourself
- Day 2: Fund The Life You Want: Designing Your Career Or Entrepreneurial Journey
- Day 3: Achieving Success Through Intentional Relationship Building & Networks
If you are thinking of launching your own podcast, sign up for my free session at the Life by Design, Not by Default – Virtual Summit and support your podcast host too.
What you’ll learn: –
- The biggest mistake that people make is that they get caught up in the tech; tech is only one tool
- Be conscious of what you like/don’t like in podcasts
- Understanding your audience is a must
- What value are you providing to yourself and others? –
- While you learn your craft, be realistic and patient with yourself
- Connect with Darrah Brustein on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Learn more about Life by Design, Not by Default Virtual Summit
If you want to gather around a virtual campfire and have a chat or ask me a question, you can message me, leave a virtual voicemail or even buy your friendly podcast host a coffee.