226: Shure MV88 Condenser Microphone Turns Your Smartphone Into a High-End Audio Recorder
The Shure MV88 Condenser Microphone Turns Your Smartphone Into a High-End Audio Recorder by simply plugging into your phone. The MOTIV MV88 connects directly to any Apple iPhone, iPod, or iPad equipped with a Lightning connector to capture high-quality field recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is mounted to a 90-degree hinge with built-in rotation that allows for highly flexible microphone position, even in video applications.
Five built-in DSP preset modes, plus 5-band EQ, stereo width control, and other advanced features are easily accessed through the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
• Record, edit, and share from within the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App
• Lightning connector offers quick setup, plugging directly into an iPhone, iPad, and iPod*
• Compatibility with leading iOS audio and video recording apps
• Microphone pivots and rotates, allowing you to establish the most ideal direction for recording
• Adjustable stereo width within ShurePlus MOTIV app
• Choose from the mid-side stereo technique or bidirectional and cardioid polar patterns from within ShurePlus MOTIV app
• Molded case included
• Compatible with iOS and Android**
Having impressed me greatly when performing mobile interviews, I invited Soren Pedersen from Shure onto the show to find out more and the understand the best way to use this mobile mic.
source link Guest Info
Soren Pedersen is a problem solver, excellent communicator, fast learner and collaborator who thrives in creative and technical environments. His objective is to innovate and execute the best products he can and is passionate about all things music, especially recording and production.