435: CES 2018 – Sleep Number, Unveils the Future of Health and Wellness
At CES 2018, Sleep Number corporation provided a glimpse into the future of health and wellness. From identifying and warning of a heart attack to detecting sleep apnea, the Sleep Number 360™ smart bed’s biometric sleep tracking technology and comprehensive sleep database are laying the foundation for an effortless sleep and health platform.
I invited Pete Bils from Sleep Number to find out more about how the 360 smart bed’s robust SleepIQ technology platform integrates sleep science, sophisticated biometrics and artificial intelligence to provide consumers with effortless adjustability and tangible improvements to their health.
Since joining Sleep Number® in 1996, Pete Bils has been responsible for exploring the vital relationship between sleep and health. Pete continually investigates the use of new technologies to promote better sleep, such as computerized pressure mapping to demonstrate the effects of various sleep surfaces on the human body. Pete has shared his expertise gained from nearly 20 years of sleep research with national and local media outlets, including HuffingtonPost Live, Fox & Friends, SHAPE, All You, The Doctors, Parents TV, New York Times Magazine, CNBC and Bloomberg News, among others.
On today’s show we discuss if sleep technology could also potentially:
- Detect irregular breathing or heartbeat patterns, like sleep apnea or a heart attack – and alert emergency services.
- Identify the flu or other epidemics as they spread locally, and communicate this information to health officials and the public.
- Play a role in monitoring patients outside of a hospital by sharing the related personal data with your doctor to support a diagnosis.
- Monitor recovery following medical procedures, so you can recover at home instead of at a medical facility.
CES attendees can visit Sleep Number in Las Vegas at booth #43701 in the Tech West Sands Expo Halls A-D.
- Connect With Pete Bils on LinkedIn or Follow On Twitter
- Visit the Sleep Number Website
- Follow Sleep Number on Twitter or Like on Facebook